Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Invictus (My 1st Marathon Story: part 1 of 2)

This poem BEST describes how I ran my very 1st full marathon. I will tell you the full story later (for I'm still trying to manage my temper hmmmppph!)

INVICTUS
by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be,
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeoning of chance,
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years,
Finds, and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged the punishments of the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul!


Photo courtesy of Luis Arcangel
Smile courtesy of SFC and Takbo.Ph Friends

8 comments:

doc art,  October 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Milestones.... on the road as well as in life.
Signposts in the black nothingness
that hide any meaning.

Quo vadis, lonely wayfarer?

In the total darkness,
We find the truth.

- (copyright DocArt09)
full poem on Cess' FB wall. Haha. Congratulations on your masterful achievement!

rachel October 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Awaiting the expanded version of your ordeal...

Marvin October 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

congrats on accomplishing your full mary Jet! ;) katawa yung smile courtesy of SFC & takbo.ph friends. hehehe. :D

Argonaut October 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Congratulations Jet! Ibang level ng ordeal ang nangyari ang yet we managed... I'm proud of you brother...

Anonymous,  October 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Congrats Jet!
Can't wait to read part 2 :-)

Sam The Running Ninja October 26, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

The best thing that happend is you finish the race with you dignity intact. How many runners I saw end up taking a bus and stopping near the finish line to "fake" their own finish. We stride, we run, we walk and got our well-deserved medal.

Congrats Jet for finishing this race.

Anonymous,  October 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

it was not an ordinary run, not even for a full marathon. yet you conquered it all, congrats Jet!

jetpaiso October 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

doc art, thanks! and congratulations too in finishing the marathon!

rachel, naka-post na hehe =)

marvin, if not for takbo.ph and sfc, everything is worthless!

rodel, congratulations to you too! its all about the medal yeahbah!

salamat tukayo!

sam, i will not cheat myself! i will not dishonor the people who inspired me to take this sport, and you're one of those who inspired me. congratulations bro!

cindy, thank you for taking my distress call. it was really scary without water and lights. thanks to our takbo.ph family!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP