Last Saturday, October 11, I was blessed to witness the joy of the parents of the nine (9) Jr NBA and five (5) Jr WNBA Filipino players who made it to the All-Star Team composed of other Jr NBA and Jr WNBA players from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam to attend the NBA Global Games in Beijing, China. The parents were very proud of their kids' accomplishment. The players were equally proud to share to all who were present of how their parents served as their inspiration in their hard work.
The Philippine contingent arrived in Beijing last Sunday, October 12. Several activities were lined up for the participants which includes a trip to the Great Wall! Today, October 15, the kids will be in Yao School from 9AM to 3PM for Basketball Clinic and Friendly Games. By 7PM, they will watch a game between the Brooklyn Nets and Sacramento Kings.
The Jr NBA and Jr WNBA program in the Philippines is presented by Alaska Milk. Its mother company, Friesland Campina, extended the sports youth program in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The Jr NBA Philippine All Stars
- Rhayyan Amsali, 13, Nazareth School of National University
- Sanjosef Belangel, 14, Bacolod Taytung High School
- Vince Leo Dolendo, 14, Huasiong College of Iloilo
- Jethro Rocamora, 14, First Baptist Christian School
- Paul Matthew Manalang, 14, National University
- Jan Cyril Narvasa, 15, University of Santo Tomas
- David Leonardo Umadhay, 14, Huasiong College of Iloilo
- Luis Miguel Velasco, 14, La Salle Greenhills
- Andrew Vincent Velasco, 14, University of Perpetual Help Dalta System
COACH: Cliff Andy Tecocan
The Jr WNBA Philippine All Stars
- Kreecie Bettina Binaohan, 14, University of Perpetual Help Dalta System
- Arielle Marie Lanot, 13, De La Salle-Zobel
- Roxanne Salvador, 13, University of Perpetual Help Dalta System
- Karl Ann Pingol, 12, Potatan Elementary School
- Mary Jean Pascual, 14, University of Southern Philippines
COACH: Pia Dysangco