Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Need for an HRM-GPS

Hope we'll run more than 2 years
http://www.myhccs.com/oscommerce1/images/cwrphotos/25533.gif


When I watched "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" and learned about the heart rate monitor (HRM), I was fascinated and tried to learn more about the gadget and it's health benefits. I checked several resources, and later purchased a Suunto T4c HRM watch.


I don't want to unleash my alter ago hehehe
Image source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Hulk_poster.jpg


I am very happy with my Suunto. I became confident not overdoing my workouts and accordingly I'm achieving my fitness goals.

When I shifted and embraced the sport of running, I later realized another need, which is to monitor my pace.

I checked some compatible Suunto pods, and it was a toss between a GPS and a foot pod. Available reviews led me to opt the foot pod.

I'll be missing you
Image source: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/suunto-t3c-run-pk-med.jpg

Problem is, I am always on the go and very often forget to bring my foot pod in my running workouts. Also, when I became a Galloway runner, I can't get the correct pace and distance reading with the foot pod, since its logic is based on a steady pace.

I then decided to upgrade to a GPS enabled training device. The HRM will always be a priority, so it has to be present in the equation. And since I'm an avid Suunto fan, my eyes are set on the Suunto X10.


I want you, but maybe next time.
Image source: http://www.gpsnavireviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Suunto-X10.jpg


I sold my trusty Suunto T4c HRM together with the almost new foot pod at a very friendly price, and financially planned on getting the Suunto X10.

However, when I ran Globe's Run for Home 21k last Sunday, I became so anxious of my workout, missing my HRM. I was again afraid, I might overdo my workout. The result: a 3+ hours finish.

I can't wait to raise funds for the Suunto X10. I NEED AN HRM. And I also need a GPS.

In urgency, I bought the Garmin Forerunner 305. It has very good reviews, HOWEVER, it has the reputation of being a DISPOSABLE running gadget, with only 2 years max life.

Well, I hope I made the right decision. Will just continue saving money 'til I raise enough for the Suunto X10.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Ang ganda naman nyang x10 na yan (x10 din ata price nyan over similar products? hehe) i likey :D

Malalaman natin kung disposable nga ang 305 (405 ko eh 1yr and counting), balitaan mo na lang kami pag dumating na ang iyong laptop, este x10 (ka-presyo kasi).

Natz March 25, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

Jet, good choice on the Garmin305. Pero wow, astig pala yang Suunto X10, astig din presyo. Pag ipunan natin for 2 years yan :-) Baka yung Garmin405 ko masira na rin someday, 1.4years na rin eh.

daytripper1021 March 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

ganda ng suunto x10 ah?! wow!

I use a 305 too and it's been very helpful. I read in bullrunner's blog sometime back that there'll be a garmin service center to be put here by jan 2010. maybe they'll be able to replace the batteries and/or fix our 305s once they become defective?

truman March 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

i think this is one of the best investments you've made in running, dude. :) enjoy your new toy!

Kenkoy Runner March 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

ako? im just waiting for my suunto from the blog contest ;) if ever naman akin ang GC, mag swap lang kami ni bry, para makalibre sha ng ronins hehehe (diba bry?) since si sam ain't joining na daw since may suunto na sha :) hahaha

Gingerbreadman March 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

AYusss :P With a service center, at least we can send it to them when it conks out? We have the contacts :P

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP