Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 24, 2010

dailymile


I first heard about dailymile last year from fellow Takbo.ph member, Rodel aka The Argonaut. I didn't immediately signed up because I don't want to add another account to maintain.

Last February 13, another friend from Takbo.ph, Wayne of San Francisco, invited me to join. This time, I responded positively, and he even introduced me to some of his friends. Instantly, I gained additional friends from other parts of the globe.

The site allows its members to share their training with friends. It also helps friends stay motivated, by exchanging messages of inspiration, training tips, etc. Slowly, I'm beginning to get the hang of it, and later on enjoyed what it has to offer.

Last Tuesday while having breakfast, I was surprised and overwhelmed with the number of friend requests I received. I thought I was still dreaming. Afterward, I saw this:



A fellow dailymile member, Brian, made a 3.1 mile (5k) challenge named after me. He got the inspiration after learning that I successfully completed the PAU 50k [Tanay] Ultra-Marathon, and thought of challenging all of his dailymile friends, of just doing 10% of what I did. They even made a video to announce the challenge.

262 friends accepted the challenge, and as of this writing, 223 have completed the challenge.

I was flattered with the challenge. I never thought that I also get to inspire people with my love for running. In fact, I gained additional friends. Count now is 116. Thank you Brian and all of my dailymile friends!

Wanna follow my training? Join dailymile and add me up! =)

4 comments:

journeyingjames May 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

sikat ka na talaga papi jet! pa-autograph

JenSmall,  May 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

It was a pleasure to run your honor!
Wishing you many happy miles~

Anonymous,  May 25, 2010 at 5:07 AM  

Good checking out the latest on your blog Jet. And thank you for the props about dailymile. It is a lot of fun reading a lot of the posts there. However, I need to get back to my roots on reading the blogs, especially in the Philippines. I'm still working on the blog adding many things but always feel to stop by.

I'm going out for a run shortly. It's so rare that I do an afternoon workout but am off today and have been busy on my one day off. I'll keep in touch with you with the blog as well as on dailymile. Take care my friend.

Anonymous,  May 25, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

ayos to JP ah. . . pa autograph pag nagkita tayo ha. . tapos pa kiss na din! wooohooo

anonymous LOL

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP