Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I gotta be ready!


As I write this post, I'm recovering from a very nasty cold that bit me last Friday. It was so nasty, that in a day, I finish more than 4 liters of water to drink, 2 rolls of tissue to blow my nose with, and a combination of medicines prescribed by my running buddy Topher Montaos, MD.

The biggest marathon of my life to date is set on Sunday, and here I am, not at the best of health. I missed my tune up runs last Friday, Sunday, and Monday. I think I'll miss another one tomorrow and Friday.

But I fear not. I know I'm on my way to recovery. It may be a blessing in disguise, forcing me to rest, to bounce back strong come marathon race day.

I remember Mr. Galloway telling me in his book "You may have missed a training day, but not the training."

I went back to the drawing board, and did a personal inventory. I realized a lot of things. I was diligent in my training. I pushed when I was asked to push, and I delivered. I broke 5k PRs one race after another. I incorporated XT (cross-training), and was building endurance and learning a new sport at the same time.

Earlier, I realized I have enough vacation leaves to avail. And since my cold isn't healing as fast as I wanted, I deemed it necessary to use for some quality rest at home.

All these I did, to discover another miracle on Sunday. A miracle that I so desired in my heart, that I did my part with all my best, and the rest I surrender to God on marathon day.

God has already blessed me. He made me endure the training. He equipped me with the things I need to realize my dream. He knows how much I dread the 5 hour cut-off, that He moved it and made it 6. He blessed me with friends who prays for my complete healing and recovery.

I will be ready! I will be there at the starting line! I will run my first Milo Marathon on Sunday!

6 comments:

Julius June 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM  

See you at the starting line, bro!

Anonymous,  June 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

You can do it Papi! Go go go!

Bald Runner June 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

good luck, jet! having the courage to train and start in this race is good enough. but remember to "talk to your body" (think positive) and "listen to your body" during the race. i believe you can finish this race in less than 5 hours! see you this sunday!

Tanya June 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Best wishes to you - you'll be great!

Anonymous,  June 30, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Hi Jet. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier. I know that you're ready and "you can do it!" All the best this Sunday my friend!

Anonymous,  July 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

That bout of colds is God-sent for you to take w weel-deserved rest. Good luck, Fafih! Aim for 5hrs or less!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP