I received an invite from Colerosh, Inc., exclusive distributor of Thorlos Socks in the Philippines, to attend their blog conference. To be honest, I was too skeptic about the product, and I had reservations from attending the event.
My feet are prone to blisters. I tried several socks that promises to prevent blisters. But it seems none worked without the help of baby powder or petroleum gel.
In my 3 years of running, I learned that having the proper gear is crucial. A wrong match could mean a heartbreaking DNF (did not finish).
Nonetheless, I attended and learned how technical the product was. I aired my sentiments, and the people from Colerosh welcomed my remark, and asked that I try Thorlos and let them know my experience, good or bad.
Thorlos was invented by Jim Throneburg in Statesville, North Carolina, USA. It promises to address 7 key elements:
- Moisture - helps prevent blisters and fungal growth.
- Pressure - helps prevent tissue breakdown, painful calluses, and bunions.
- Shear - acts as an interface between shoe and foot, minimizing shearing.
- Circulation - helps stimulate proper circulation and arterial flow in feet.
- Temperature - moderates borth extremes of temperature inside the shoe.
- Posture - acts as a space filler insuring proper shoe fit, improving posture.
- Stimulus - insures proper fit of sock and shoe providing total foot comfort.
Thorlos in the Philippines are available in Riovana, Toby's, The Athlete's Foot, Planet Sports, Rustans, and ROX.
I will take my Thorlos thin cushion running with coolmax socks for a spin soon. I will let you know how it fared on my sensitive feet.