Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Review: Zoot Ultra Kane 2.0


Zoot Ultra Kane 2.0 is a stability running shoe.  Usually, stability running shoes are heavy, but this one is surprisingly light!  Perhaps, the carbon-fiber material (which they call CarbonSpan+) they used in the mid-foot area did the trick.

I normally prefer neutrals in my runs.  But this shoe made me fall in love with it more and more every time I take it out for a spin.  Like any other new shoe I try, I started running with the Ultra Kane 2.0 in Ayala Triangle.  The ride for me was perfect.  The bounce was great.  Every stride I take makes me think how the shoe will respond in longer distances.


Come January, the Ultra Kane 2.0 was my choice in the Annual Fat Ass Event in Clark Parade Gounds, Pampanga.  I ran 13 loops with the shoe (for a total of 28.6 kms), and I got nothing but raves about it.  The cushioning was enough for the heavy runner in me.  The fit was snug enough and very comfortable.

The shoe is very handsome!  I look good wearing it!

Last Sunday in the Condura Skyway Marathon, I chose the Ultra Kane 2.0 again for my 21k long run.  As expected, the shoe delivered the performance I needed during long runs.  I run mid-foot with occasional heel striking when I'm already tired, and I find the shoe responding to my needs.


If the shoe will last until August, I will definitely use it for my biggest race of the year!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP