Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Run to fight the BIG C

On June 14, 2009, I will take part in supporting people who fight cancer, by running 10k in the 1st Philippine Travel Agencies Association (PTAA) Charity Run Event, in UP Diliman, Quezon City.

This will be my 1st time to run inside the campus. I'm excited to run in the shade of trees, enjoy the view, and the cool breeze of the wind. I'm also eager to visit the Second Wind running store after the run, and check out the stuff they're offering.

But most of all, I feel blessed to have a healthy mind and body, and am privileged to share the very same blessings and show my support to all who battle the big C.

I will wear the LIVESTRONG wristband together with my icancervive wristband (worn this since May 24, 2009). And my rosary prayer in the last 2k of my run will be offered for the healing of all big C warriors.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Go, Jet! Good luck! I'm sure you will be blessed more for supporting this cause and for praying for those people fighting this sickness. God bless you!

RPA June 10, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

livestrong jet! =) see you on sunday!

Jet Paiso June 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

thanks mels! will also pray for your mom and family.

thanks rod! see you sunday!

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Jet, good luck this Sunday. The race is definitely for a great cause.

Jet Paiso June 11, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

thanks wayne!

read your inputs on luis' blog regarding negative splits, and learned a lot from you. it somehow affirmed me to start slow, and finish strong in my trainings. thanks for sharing your passion, experiences, and learnings.

also, learned that you're flying here on january, in time for condura. wow! hope to meet you by then for some pictures =)

Anonymous,  June 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Hi Jet. That is my hope. I'll be flying in the week of the Mizuno Race, will run that and hopefully, the Condura Race will be the following Sunday. The decision hasn't been made yet on Condura but many of the runners want it to be in January.

Definitely, want to meet with you and the takbo.ph peeps. They're a great group and definitely, I can learn something new from the group. Take care and have a good and safe run on Sunday.

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP