Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Today in Mizuno Infinity Run 2009

Today, I ran wearing my iamninoy running shirt. Learning from the organization that the national average score of public elementary school students in the National Achievement Test is only 57, I took part in the advocacy of "TURNING THINGS AROUND to address the education crisis" and aim for more students to achieve a passing mark of 75.
Today, we welcome Jun Torres, Alvin Garcia, and Nikka Ramos who ran their first 5k. Seeing your faces while eating our breakfast after our run proves that you enjoyed discovering the miracles of the sport (sayang, Alvin left early after the run).
Today is the 2nd time I ran the Kalayaan flyover. The 1st time I ran this route was in Botak Paa-Tibayan last 10 May 2009, and I really felt like I'm punished every time I pass this place. I planned to conserve my energy in the few meters before going up, and will take it easy as I ascend. However, excitement rushed through me, and forgot about my plans, and ran carefree in the flyover.

Today, I met new friends along the way. First was Joms who also wears the iamninoy shirt. He greeted me first with "nice shirt" when we reached Reposo (that's the former name of now Nicanor Garcia Street. Sorry, but I'm used calling it that way while growing up). He's running bandit. After a few chat, he blistered his way ahead. Oh how I wish I'm as fast as he is. I remembered what BR told me in reply to my comment in his post: "just take it easy in your running and be moderate in your training. build-up those mileage and be patient. those weekend races are just part of your training for a bigger event. you must have a decent goal to be attained." And so I focused again on my pace.

On my way to the intersection of SLEX and Buendia (former name of Gil Puyat Avenue), I met this guy who always shouts his lungs out (dude, if you're reading this, please comment and leave your name please. Sorry, I forgot to ask your name). I'm a bit afraid for him, thinking he might pass out along the route. I paced with him almost 3 kilometers. He asked me where the turn-around point is, and told him that it's in the intersection, before we reach the railroad. We were both surprised that the marshalls led us straight to Bautista (not Dian, as earlier mentioned). Apparently, the route was altered a bit, and I guess, arriving late made me miss the advisory, if there is any.

I also met Ms. Que (first lady of Takbo.ph). I didn't get the chance to join the Takbo.ph's picture taking, as I'm still trying to regroup with my running buddies and new recruits.

Today, I also observed some firsts in my running experience: two [2] roving ambulances, police visibility in the parking and along the route, hydration markers, separate water and Gatorade stations, and kilometer markers.
Today, I'm also surprised to learn that the run was a time trial for another Mizuno running event scheduled on January 10, 2010 (Joms, if you're reading this, sayang at bandit ka, hehe) Wow! There's a sequel, ala Star Wars! Enough time to prepare and train to run the next event, scheduled a day before I turn 33. I'll make sure it will be very special! =)

Here's my stats for today:

9 comments:

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

Hi Jet. Congreatulations on the 15K. Great post and photos as well. It's great to see new faces running in the Philippines. The three people that you mentioned in the one photo hopefully experienced something good in the 5K.

Anyway, please take care and have a good week ahead.

Lex Adasa June 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

nice blog Jet. Ran 5k with my newbie friends last sunday. Can I join you in your weekday training run?

Jet Paiso June 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

hi wayne, yup, he sure did enjoyed the recovery meal, and is looking forward for more weekend runs =)

hi lex, i'm training every tuesday and thursday morning 6am inside bf homes paranaque, and i join the sunday running events for my long run. i'm looking for a track oval though for fartleks (speedplay). let's discuss. email me jetpaiso@gmail.com thanks!

RPA June 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

yo jet! =)

i see that you fixed your comment area na. hehehe... sana you and your friends joined us sa takbo.ph picture takings. para mas marami tayo. =)

kung meron lang sana malapit na track oval sa las-pinas/paranaque area noh? =)

see you sa future races! God bless!!!

Jet Paiso June 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

yeah rod, next time will make sure sasama kami =)

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Hi Jet--congratz on your 15k run! i hope to see you in future races. Keep it up. Hope you don't mind if i link your blog up to mine.

Many thanks!

Jet Paiso June 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

my pleasure sir! yup, see you in the future road runs. thanks and God bless!

paul.miñano,  June 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

hey jet! sayang di kita nakita. i also joined the 15k. my first time to run that category without training. i almost passed out. hehe. malamang malayo ka na kaya di tayo nagkita.

Jet Paiso June 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

hey bro, you're fast! you finished 22 mins ahead of me =) i'm still in training mode, so i'm saving the speed much much later.

nice to know you're also into running... see you in the future races!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP