Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 3 Kings!

Today, I woke up just in time to prepare for my very first long run for the year - km 0 to AAV at 1PM (heat training for BDM). Yep, I was excited, that I hurried eating my breakfast while checking my emails and facebook.

When I was about to take a bath, my tummy suddenly felt a very familiar pain - hyper-acidity!

My condition may have been caused by the holiday spree, where food and drinks are flowing.

I don't want to take any chances, so I immediately texted Rod, and advised that I have to skip the run and rest.

So I proceeded to the church for the 12 noon Holy Mass. I'm happy I did, and felt Jesus speaking to me in the homily through the officiating Priest. Let me share them to you.

Image Source:
http://www.momsnetwork.com/kids/coloring/holidays/christmas/3kings.gif

Today is the feast of the Epiphany. Commonly referred as the feast of three kings, I realized that God came into the world for all mankind. And the leaders of different kingdoms acknowledge God's kingship, by traveling from the east, bringing 3 different gifts.

Image Source:
http://www.giftscatholic.com/images/items/large/GA1100--Gold-Frankincense-Myrrh-deluxe-3-box-set_1389.jpg


I also realized the significance of the 3 gifts.

Gold symbolizes God's providence to man. The gift of gold reminds us that God will always bless us, and will never forsake us. Further, I learned that a newly mined gold doesn't glitter, and is not as attractive as the gold we all commonly know. In the same manner, we may have a hard time realizing God's blessings, for we are too focused on the blessings which we long for. We are challenged to open our hearts together with our eyes, to see the real blessings in our lives.

Frankincense is an aromatic resin offered to God. We commonly see this used by Priests. The gift of frankincense symbolizes our love for God. As with the first commandment, we are all called to love God with all our heart, mind, strength, and soul.

Myrrh is a topical solution used for embalming corpses. The gift of myrrh symbolizes our love for our neighbor. As with the second commandment, we are all called to love one another.

The 3 gifts are God's way of reminding us to love God, to love our neighbor, and to trust God that He will bless us always.

I'm happy that I attended the noon Mass. Hope my tummy gets well in a bit.


My 3 Kings

Since my two [2] pairs of New Balance 1063s are nearing retirement, I went to the different outlet stores to look for replacements and great bargains.

One by one, I met these kings to my delight.


Please stand by for my reviews on these pairs.

Now, I have the whole year of 2010 alternating them. Will wait for the 4th quarter (and another bargain) before I get the next set of pairs.

11 comments:

kassy January 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Happy three kings! Happy YOU for the new shoes! I have to buy my own new pair too.. so looking forward to your reviews :P

Kenkoy Runner January 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

waw yaman! 3 pairs agad! :) woot woot! si sino sino ang gaspar, baltazar at melchor dyan? wahahahah

Jet Paiso January 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

hi kassy, happy 3 kings! i suggest you visit sports warehouse in mamplasan, sports and fashion outlet in festival mall, or mj46 store in sun valley for great bargains ;)

hi timmy! actually, i only planned to buy 2 pairs as replacements. kaya lang, biglang nagpakita si lunarglide eh, at naawa ako kaya sinama ko na hehehe! hmmm... mechor, gaspar, baltazar? parang ibang names ang gusto kong gamitin eh... i'm thinking tito, vic, and joey harharhar

RPA January 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

hanep... walang kahilig-hilig sa sapatos... =D

Anonymous,  January 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Jet, how much mo nakuha each so we would know???:-)

Gingerbreadman January 4, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Naks hAppy three kings Jet, big time new shoes nanaman? :P BDM BDM :P

Anonymous,  January 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Coach.. Jet Happy 3 Kings!! dami naman shoes naman.. peram naman minsan ha hehehehe...

mccoy :P

truman January 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

wow! :) now THAT's what i call a feast! ;)

kelcy33,  January 4, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

wow, jet! 3 pairs...mas ok nga ang TVJ..thanks for sharing to us 'bout the three kings. It's a blessing to be reminded. =)

Jet Paiso January 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

hey rod, di naman masyadow hehehe

sir rene, to give you an idea, around 30-40% off =)

gbm, nearing retirement na sina 1063s eh... assuming at 500++kms each, my 3 pairs will pretty cover my 1600kms goal for the year =)

makoy! hmmm... parang gusto ko magdamot hehehe

bryan, that's how generous our God is =)

ellen, yep, winner ang tvj hehehe

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP