Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Analysis on the 34th Milo Registration


Registration for the 34th National Milo Marathon is now open. And the biggest news is the increase in registration fees. This is definitely a sad news, giving us the impression that Milo is joining the bandwagon of registration fee inflation (150% increase).

However, when I get the chance to further look into what's new with this year's edition, I paused for a while, and realized the following:


  • Bigger cash prizes (33 to 300% increase)
  • Different qualifying time for different age/gender groups
  • Longer cut-off time
  • Earlier Gun Start
  • P5 goes to Run-For-A-Cause
I welcome these developments as I see more of our athletes will be challenged and motivated. On a personal note, I know that as I age, I will realize my dream of making it to the finals because of the age/gender qualifying times.

Hope to see you in 34th National Milo Marathon!

3 comments:

run unlimited June 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Whatever their reason is, it's still too stiff. I "HOPE" I could see you there.

daytripper1021 June 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

very informative! the 6-hour cutoff might be my make-or-break decision to debut in the 42k distance this July 4th. but, still, we'll see. :)

great post! thanks!

roelle
daytripped-running.blogspot.com

The Scientist Runner June 7, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Very informative post! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP