Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Aquathlon Experience[s]

Yep! It's plural, with an 's' =)

Begin with the end in mind
(This picture was taken NOT from an Aquathlon event hahaha)
Photo courtesy of Ronnel Go


Last January 30, I joined the 4th Edition of SWAC (Sheer Will Aquathlon Cup), a simulation aquathlon event organized by fellow Takbo.ph members, commissioned by Mr. Sheer Will himself, Rico Villanueva.



It was clear to me at that time, that swimming is just another cross-training activity for me. My focus will always be running marathons. That's why I simply finished the 400m swim and 3k run, and enjoyed the whole experience.


Sheer Will Awardee for Sheer Determination!
Photo courtesy of Julie Reyes


2 bottles please!
Photo courtesy of Ellen Encinares


Class Picture, of course!
Photo courtesy of Marvin Opulencia, MD


Then last September 12, I joined another aquathlon event - Triple A Cup, organized by fellow Takbo.ph members from Alabang. This time around, aside from a 'simply finish' goal for the 2.5k run-400m swim-5k run , I also want to test the skills I learned from Aqualogic.



Image courtesy of Ed Escueta


Feels good to be back on the road!
Photo courtesy of Joy Vargas/Edwin Rara


Very conscious with my form
Photo courtesy of Everlinda Amulong


I took up swimming lessons, to keep me busy while I recover from my injuries. And boy, I enjoyed learning a new skill.

I had a hard time finishing Triple A due to my nagging injury. Add the hyper-acidity brought by the excitement and stress my body is not trained with. Nevertheless, this episode taught me a lot, and makes me look forward to more multi-sport events in the future.

But then again, I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MARATHONER!

=)

3 comments:

Mar Marilag September 27, 2010 at 5:20 AM  

YOu are a marathoner. Forever na yan!

Question is: How versatile a marathoner you are?

Bike na ang kulang mo! Hehehehe

Julie @ HotlegsRunner September 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

ganda naman nung form na yun! woohoo! go jetty!

did I take that pic ba? I don't remember hahaha!

I miss doing aquathlons. I need to find one here soon!

Anonymous,  September 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

is that the TurboJet form ?
hehehe . . .

CamoteQ

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP