Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jet VS Chever



Meet Chever Eklavu (Roy Tan, MD), Team Boring's resident anesthesiologist (naks! like we need one hehehe).

We belong to Team Boring's back pack.  We simply aim to finish within cut-off.  But if shit happens, we push ourselves to finish the course even beyond cut-off.

Chever and I jokingly challenge each other every race.  But we never took the challenge seriously until this year's Milo Marathon.  

I was confident I will beat him.  He knew that I joined Milo-APEX Running School, and he was talking trash while doing his secret training with Mr. Miyagi.

But Chever had a great run, and beat my ass big time.

Last Sep 17, I missed running T2N 50k.  Work stress finally took a toll on me, that I fell in very deep slumber and failed to hear my screaming alarm.

Good thing I was blessed to join Run Rizal last Sep 18.  I learned Chever was running 16k, and in an instant, our friendly running competition grew into an epic battle of slow runners who want to improve and belong to the mid pack someday.

He did his usual thing while we wait for the gun start: psyche me up with either trash talk or convince me he had less training/mileage.

Chever was doing fine in the 1st 2 kilometers.  In fact, I was having a hard time to catch up with his pace, that I held off with the idea and focused instead on my comfortable fast pace.

Approaching kilometer 3, I observed that he was slowing down.  We were exchanging leads from thereon, until kilometer 5 where I finally got the groove and pushed a bit.  I last saw Chever at the turn-around point in Coastal Mall.

My lead grew and grew that I got bored approaching kilometer 10.  I walked most of the remainder of the course, in a gutsy attempt to irate Chever, up the tempo, and race to the finish.  But that didn't happen.

I finished ahead of Chever with a 16k PR of 1:56:43 (official).

Race Category Jet Chever
Marathon01
21k00
16k10
10k00
5k00
3k00

10 comments:

RPA September 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM  

wahahaha!!! add ka pa ng barefoot run! =D

Gigi September 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

hahahaha... Ang cute naman ng competition niyo :D

Anonymous,  September 23, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

Nice account, Jet...this should be a monthly battle so you can easily fill up those spaces up there...Will be following on this. Hehe...

daytripper1021 September 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

Nice one Jet! It's really good in a way to have healthy competition in a race. Sometimes that gives us that extra push to run faster ---PRs even! :)

Congrats on the 16k PR! See you on the road pards!

--Roelle

ANN September 23, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Nice one Jet! Naaliw ako dito. =) Nasan na ang Team Jet and Team Chever?

Jet Paiso September 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM  

rod, barefoot run? let me think again hahaha

Jet Paiso September 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

doc toto, baka maubos si chever haha

Jet Paiso September 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

salamat roelle! kits kits sa kalsada...

Jet Paiso September 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

ann, team boring lang... SOLID! =)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP