Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

When UltraRunners do MultiSport (Part 2 of 2)

What once was called the "Triple A Cup" is now known as the Snails Aquathlon Pursuit (SAP).  The Palms Country Club and Filinvest Alabang remains to be the playground of aquathletes of different levels.

The race featured two categories: Lite (6km run + 600m swim + 3km run) and Extra Lite (3km run + 300m swim + 3km run).

Last year's edition has the following categories: Lite (2.5km run + 400m swim + 5km run) and Extra Lite (2.5km run + 200m swim + 2.5km run).

I knew that the organizers were trying to raise the bar, and why not?  So I joined again the Lite category.

November 20 was the play date of SAP, and I was surprised to see ultra friends who did the Powerade Duathlon also playing SAP.  I guess we're really that ultra crazy already hahaha.

I forgot to turn off my GF305 after the Duathlon, and it got drained completely.  I had no choice but to run SAP without monitors.

Quads and calves are still sore.  I managed to finish the rolling 6km route with enough energy to spare for the swim leg.  I didn't mind if I was the last one to enter the pool.

Photo courtesy of Endure Multisport
I enjoyed the swim part.  I was confident swimming and sharing the pool lane with fellow aquathletes, rather than waiting for the pool lane to clear, and waste time.
Photo courtesy of Endure Multisport
After the swim, I took my time running/walking the last 3km route, as Chang and other SAP officials accompanied me to the finish.

It was fun doing Multisport last weekend.  I knew that some of the muscles which I don't normally use in running were activated and challenged, and that these muscles will help me burn more fat in the process, which will ultimately help me improve my running performance.

I also learned to respect and admire the Multisport athletes, as I understood their sport while playing it.  I pray and look forward to be blessed to play a Triathlon soon.

1 comments:

RunningAtom November 23, 2011 at 12:24 AM  

Kuya Jet, sama mo naman po ako minsan :)
Congrats! Hanggang ngayon, tinitingala pa rin kita :)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP