Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Day With A Chiropractor

I have issues with my lower back and neck.  I love twisting these areas, and I love the feeling after.  The crack or pop are simply music and bliss combined.  Problem is, I'm not guided, I could aggravate my condition.  True enough.  Very seldom I experience soreness in these areas and end up taking anti-inflammatory medicines and topical analgesics.

My boss hooked me up with her cousin, whose husband is a chiropractor.  I was skeptic.  I don't know what a chiropractor does, and wouldn't even want to check from friends in the medical profession or online.

But remembering how excruciating the pain was in my lower back and neck, I reconsidered and gave the idea a try.

Yesterday, April 21, 2012, 3PM was my schedule to meet Ms. Joan Alcantara, a Physical Therapist, and her husband, Dr. Joe Alcantara, a Chiropractor.

Chiropractors are not too popular in the Philippines.  I learned yesterday that there are only a few chiropractors in the country,  but they are well established in the USA, Canada, and Australia.

Dr. Joe introduced me to his profession.  Simply put, they are "nervous system doctors" who treat disorders in the nervous system that affect our general health.  They do manual therapies on the disorders, and believe that the body heals itself.

We talked on the activities I undertake, and the issues that I have with my lower back and neck.  He then performed several physical tests with me, and I was amazed with how my body reacted.

He was very patient explaining to me every detail of the test, and was very careful in performing them.  I'm sure he had a great workout while performing the tests on me.

After the test, he then explained to me how he's going to treat me.  All I remember was to relax.  Then the following was just great!  I was relieved of some tension in my back and neck.

I will have a follow up session in the coming days.


Dr. Junjoe Alcantara is a Magna Cum Laude of Palmer West College of Chiropractic in San Jose, California, USA.  He is a 43 year old Filipino raised in Canada.  His 2 older brothers are also Chiropractors in the USA and Canada.

Note: Lance Armstrong has Dr. Jeff Spencer, a Chiropractor, as head of his medical team.  Dr. Jeff was working with Lance since January 1999.  Read more about it here.

4 comments:

chiropractors waukesha wi April 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM  

Several routines are made use of by chiropractors to alleviate the plight of his pain sufferers, depending on the conclusion of tests run. Among them is laser therapy. It works deep to calm pinched nerves. It can also remedy misaligned joints and bones and put them back into their proper position.

Anonymous,  April 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM  

Hi Jet, I am Gerry, I was curious if your issues around lower back and neck was relieved after the sessions with your Chiropractor?

Jet Paiso May 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM  

Hi Gerry, yes, chiropractic sessions help address pains in my lower back and neck. I sleep like a baby the night after the session, and I can go back to my regular routine. Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous,  July 18, 2015 at 9:25 PM  

hi sir jet may iknow how many sessions didyouhave onyour case?
im christian, from the minimum wage earners and i learned that the treatment is pricey so i think its gonna be an issue if i would undergo series of treatments...im suffering from a stiff neck but its been 6 days now. im looking for ways to get rid of this so i watched youtube and was amaze on how chiropractor cure those with more serious cases during the first visit..i also learned some of their red flags includes lengthy treatments so i hope this one is not...

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP