Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Open Water

I'm afraid of swimming in open water.  There, that's the truth!


I just learned how to swim in this file photo.
Sorry, this was just a recreational swim in Pagudpud
after the Pasuquin to Pagudpud Ultramarathon
Photo courtesy of Ronnel Go
When friends from Endure Multisport sent us in Team Boring an invitation last week to join their SubIT recon activity, I had a hard time gathering all the courage in me to finally face my fear.

At the Dunguree Beach with Endure Multisport and Friends
Photo courtesy of Endure Multisport
It was only through the persistence of fellow Bored member and 2011 Ironman 70.3 finisher, Rej Santos, that convinced me to grace the invitation, arrest my issues, and learn to swim in open water.

Rej told me, to simply swim near the buoy and feel the water surface.  No pressure, just pure encouragement.  He even told me that if I really can't do it, I can still enjoy the rest of the day riding my bike inside the hilly SBMA.

Alas!  I conquered my fear and accomplished another milestone.  

I swam in open water last April 15, 2012!

Thanks Rej!  Thanks too to Makoy who joined our adventure.  Many thanks to Endure Multisport for organizing the activity.

1 comments:

Paul Miñano,  April 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

Hey Jet! Congrats! Tara let's join SubIT.

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP