Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

DROP! @#$%^&*!!!

Last Saturday marked another milestone in my quest to conquer myself.


Yep, I swam the ITU Subic International Triathlon 750m swim route! Fellow bored member Vic and myself tried the route with Rej, our teammate, who is an Ironman 70.3 finisher.

To be honest, I almost quit some 150m away from the shore. I can still see the floor, but I'm too afraid that I held on the buoy like its my lifeline! Vic was fine and was like a man on a mission, determined to finish the course. Rej encouraged me to proceed.  I was challenged.

After some 50m, the floor suddenly disappeared! I panicked. @#$%^&*!!!!! I held on the buoy once again. The beach was too far already, and there's no turning back.

I swam nearer the buoy, that I wanted to always feel it whenever I stroke on the right. My rhythm went haywire. I was always in a hurry to stroke on the right in order to breathe and see the buoy.

The ordeal finished in under 30 minutes. Vic and I felt like we're winners. Rej was happy with our accomplishment. Ronnie, another bored member who took the sidelines to capture on video our open water attempt (will post it here, soon), was equally proud of our feat.

And because of my poor swimming form, my neck is now stiff. I can't wait to meet Dr. Joe Alcantara for my next chiropractic session.

2 comments:

RunningAtom May 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

Huwwaawww... kuya Jet, nakakatakot! Lalo kung wala ka nang makita sa ilalim ng tubig. But congratulations for braving out yourself! Nakaka-stiffneck din pala ang paglangoy hehe :)

Anonymous,  May 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM  

Bro Jet,

Congrats!

How much does Dr. Alcantara charge?

Ray

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP