Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My RUNNR FOOTWORX Experience

Finding the right shoe is as important as getting the right armor for the fight. And in my quest to find the correct footwear, I also had my share of hit and miss lessons which caused me minor injuries and money paid for expensive running shoes, massages, and pain killers.

Good thing technology continues to evolve to aid man in his needs. Last July 17 during the grand opening of RUNNR, I was blessed to try their FOOTWORX system. With their PODOSCOPE – a thermodynamic foot scan machine, I learned that my feet are neutral. The result alarmed me a bit, for in the other store, I was advised that my feet were flat, and that I need stability shoes, that plain and simple!



Whoa! I can SEE my foot print!!!


After the foot scan, I was asked to run barefoot in the treadmill to analyze my gait. Here I learned that I land with my midfoot. Further, Julius of Team RUNNR advised me to get cushioning shoes for more comfortable landing in the midfoot as I go the distance. Looking at their display rack of neutral with cushioning shoes excited me to immediately get one, but I have to hold myself and do my research as to which is the best according to reviews available.


Hmm... was that me or HULK? =)


Come July 22, I went back and purchased my New Balance 1063 which has the best cushioning according to Runner’s World.



I’m really impressed with the experience, because after my 5k tempo, 10k hill, and 23k long run with my new shoes, I no longer feel the usual twinge in my feet and knees. Now, what will I do with my Asics Kayano 14 and Adidas Supernova Sequence? Since both have ran significant mileage already, I guess I will just have to use them in my easy runs until they retire.

How about you? Are you wearing the right shoe?

RUNNR at Bldg. B3, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City, NCR.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

I agree, it's amazing! For me, I had already bought a new pair before doing my gait analysis but thanks to my strange luck, it turned out I had the right pair of running shoes--stability for me! :-)

argonaut August 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Wow, you got a nice pair of rubber shoes I think.... kamusta naman yan? :)

Jet Paiso August 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

hello tukayo! good for you, lakas ng tsamba mo hehehe =)

rodel, i'm happy with my nb1063. more reviews on this soon =)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP