Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

T minus 22 days, and counting...

SIM Updates

Since the 2009 Smart Subic International Marathon will be my debut marathon run, I wanted to make sure that my preparations and training are in sync with what the event has to offer. Instead of playing the guessing game, and end up complaining after the race, I took the initiative of emailing Mr. Adi delos Reyes of Team Eventologist to give light to some of my concerns regarding marathon race provisions.

I think, therefore, I am...

Hydration Stations - will be placed every 2.5 kilometers. Will serve water and add isotonic drinks (Sportade/Pocari Sweat) beyond 15 kilometers.

Food Essentials - will be provided from kilometer 20 onwards.

Lighting - SCTEX will provide mobile tower light along the route.

Kilometer Markers - will be provided for runner’s reference.

Motivational Markers - will be provided especially in the last 10 kilometers.

Set-up of Running Group Aid Stations - will be allowed from kilometer 20 onwards and may need to secure accreditation from Team Eventologist.

Further, Adi mentioned that there are more than 300 runners who will run their debut marathon in SIM like me. As such, his team mates are making some adjustments to support all first-time marathoners and help them to concentrate on finishing and completing their first marathon. Apparently, this was also the reason why they organized a fellowship party after the marathon, to celebrate each marathoner’s accomplishment.

Octoberfest? I like!



My Run Today

Training plan today prescribes a 5k tempo with 1.5k warm-up and 1.5k cool down. Still with my uncalibrated foot pod, I finished my perceived distance of 5k in 35:52 with average heart rate of 173 bpm.

What?!! I ran my first 5k and finished it in 33:38! My foot pod's got to be kidding, telling me I don't have any improvement.

I guess I have to calibrate my foot pod tomorrow. I remembered that during the ROTARun, it registered 17.41km, while the Garmin of others registered 18km.

Needs some fix. But I still love you, don't worry!

5 comments:

Rico Villanueva October 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Jet, thanks for the initiative in asking questions and sharing the answers here. Great Oktoberfest Idea by the way. :-)

Jet Paiso October 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

rico, you're welcome bro!

Amado L. Castro, Jr. October 3, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Dear Jet - Wishng you all the best on your first marathon distance. When the going gets tough, think of those wishing you well and those happy faces waiting for you in the finish line.

Jet Paiso October 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

thanks sir amado! yep, will do that. hope to meet you soon sir!

Gingerbreadman October 3, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Jet, we will be there to support you as much as we can. You have been training long and hard for this, and I am eagerly awaiting the day I will be calling you marathoner Jet :) Keep at it man :)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP