Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 4, 2009

My 1st 1000 Kilometers

Like a baby, it took me nine (9) months to reach my 1st 1000 kilometers. I finished it in the first seven (7) kilometers of the half-marathon of New Balance Power Race last Sunday.

The route was very tough. Add the stress brought by the provincial work assignments the past weeks and the lack of sleep. But the idea of being welcomed to the club kept me going. Good thing, Doc Topher ran with me, and kept me awake all throughout. Together with RJ, we crossed the finish line like a band of brothers, accompanied by Coach Mar and Rod who went back to the route to push us.

Upon reaching the finish line, Coach Mar led me to the station of Sir Jovie aka BaldRunner, and finally, my 1000 kilometer club shirt!

Sir Jovie Narcise awarding me the finisher shirt


Puede!

I praise and thank God for the gift of running. Through this gift, He blessed me with good health, friends, and extended family (SFC & Takbo.ph).

And as a reward, I got myself a new pair of Nike Pegasus 25 from an outlet store in Mamplasan.


To the next 1000 kilometers, and beyond!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  December 4, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

great shoes!

congrats mr. 1,000 Km

parang buntis 9 months hehe :)

more run race to come !

GOD BLESS !

Marky_mark

RPA December 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

congrats bro! parang gusto ko yang pegasus na yan... hmnnn...

Bald Runner December 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

congrats, jet! and nice gift for your accomplishment..welcome to the club!

gerard December 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Congrats Jet!

Swimming naman next! first 1000kms!

BURP!

Anonymous,  December 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Congrats, Bro! a well-deserved honor indeed!

Julius December 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Good Job, Jet! Keep on running!

Anonymous,  December 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP