Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why Sleep?

Image Source: http://www.quadromed.com/images/context/sleeping_baby.jpg


Why not?

I’m sure no one will argue that sleep is important. Everybody loves sleeping! However, in this very busy day and age, almost all are in limbo as to how much sleep one must take.

The most popular answer is 8 hours a day. Others say 7. Some 6 and 5. While a few can do with 4. Is this good? Hmmm…

When I took up running, I learned to value sleep like never before. I realized that my performance in a run depends on the quality of sleep I had 2 or 3 nights before the race. My muscles are energized, my mind is well rested, and my heart like a well oiled mean machine ready for the challenge of either a race or a long run.

Many undermine the value of sleep. Please read here, here, and here, and learn why one, especially the fitness buffs, should never underestimate the power of sleep.

Buddy, don't deprive yourself with sleep. This way, you'll wake up to good mornings!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Nice articles, Jet! I'm ok with 6 hrs of sleep though i wish i could do more. See you on next race!

Anonymous,  December 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Interesting read! Like Natz, I'm usually ok with 6 hours but I try to get about 7 especially on nights leading to a full marathon race.
Keep running tocayo! :-)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP