Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tempo Runs

I grew up knowing Tempo as our family's favorite newspaper. Yep, it is not your typical broadsheet, but it's contents are definitely not the tabloid type.


Image Source: http://www.tempo.com.ph


But now that I'm into running, I learned that tempo runs are essential in a runner's training. Tempo means running in a "comfortably hard" pace. Read more about it here.


Image Source: http://www.triathica.com/images/newsletter/issue25/tempo_runner.jpg


My present Galloway marathon training plan calls for once a week tempo workouts. Sharing to you how I fared in the past 5 sessions (all done in 25 mins, target pace is 6:19 min/km):

Mar 24 - 6:05 min/km
Mar 31 - 6:15 min/km
Apr 07 - 6:36 min/km
Apr 14 - 6:21 min/km
Apr 21 - 6:06 min/km


Out of 5 sessions, I was only able to hit the right pace 3 times. Gotta do this right and stay injury-free in the next tempo sessions.

67 days left before the 34th National Milo Marathon. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mar Marilag April 29, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Your session is how long? you follow a training plan, right?

With 67 days, you still can do a lot. Hills, Jet...hills!

Anonymous,  April 29, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

ayos! good luck!

TM

Gingerbreadman April 29, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Good luck Jet :) For me, if you were to leave me with one exercise, it would be the tempo run. It ensures that when you have nothing left in the tank, your rock bottom speed is still pretty decent, just because your cardio and muscle memory is hardwired to it. Milo elims wohoo!

Christine,  April 30, 2010 at 2:29 AM  

good luck, Jet!

Anonymous,  May 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Good luck in the upcoming marathon Jet.

My updated blog can now be found on http://sfrunnr.wordpress.com. Thanks and take care.

Wayne

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP