Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 17, 2010

TBR DM Personal Pacer # 14


I remember the first time I ran the marathon. It was tough. I was alone. It was dark. There's no water. You can read more about it here, here, and here.

I enjoyed the solitary nature of the sport. I get to commune with God and His creation. However, after more than 4 hours in the road, I felt the need for company. My prayer was answered in an instant when I saw Bong and Genie somewhere in Km 30, and joined their walk in the dark and cold highway.

Sometime last month, I was chatting with fellow Takbo.ph members/friends Yan Dizon and Gail Consolacion, and learned that they will run their first marathon in The Bull Runner Dream Marathon (TBR DM). I was inspiring them and shared to them the things I learned from my first and second marathon. I even told them I will be there to cheer them on the road, provide support whenever available, and pace if possible.

When Jaymie Pizarro aka The Bull Runner (TBR) announced that they were looking for volunteers, I immediately applied as a Personal Pacer. This would give me an opportunity to help my friends achieve their dream, and avoid the hard lessons of my first marathon.



Last May 7, I received the good news that my application was approved. Only 30 applicants get approved as Personal Pacer, and I was privileged to be part of the TBR Dream Team. Thanks Jaymie and the rest of the team!

I have done pacing duties before for fellow Takbo.ph members, but this will be the first time that I will pace for the entire marathon distance.

Worry not Yan and Gail! Will make sure that you will enjoy and finish your first marathon.

6 comments:

Julie @ HotlegsRunner May 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

God bless your good heart Jetty! Ako din pace mo ha pag nag FM na ako next year =)

RUNNING DIVA May 18, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

"My first marathon, here, here, here." Seems like this is the return of Jet with a vengeance. :D Do well on your pacing duty!

rachel May 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

I thank God for people like you Jet!

kassy May 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Hurrah! I will be able to see you at the race! :) a lot of inspiring people .. :) I'm excited to run with you!!

I wonder who will pace me..

jetpaiso May 20, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

hello juliehotlegs, sure sure (pero wag ka sana ma-bore sa pace ko ha, and yes, hindi sa triathlon hahaha)

hi rd, thanks and yep, hope i do well pacing yan and gail.

hi rachel, i also praised and thanked God for the people who helped me in this sport. i'm just paying forward.

hey kassy, i'm also excited for you. see you at the race! you're welcome to join our pace group.

Gail May 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

Jet, thanks for pacing us again :) You rock! Mwah! Hugz!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP