Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

3 Milestones

Today, June 12, 2010, Filipinos celebrate the 112th Independence Day of the Philippines. The weekend also coincides my last long run in preparation for the 34th National Milo Marathon scheduled on July 4, 2010.


Rizal Monument


Together with fellow Takbo.ph friends (Rodel, Ronald, Christian, Cyrus, Allen, Mar, Rafa, Bong, Vic, and Doc Art), we met in Km 0 Luneta at 11PM to run to any point going to Tagaytay. Edwin and Rania joined us when we reached Buendia.


Photo ops before take-off


Rodel, Ronald, Christian, Cyrus, Allen, Mar, Rafa, Bong, Vic, and Me


The 1st 15 kms was a bit easy, but I'm feeling a bit sleepy (perhaps due to the lack of sleep the day before the run). Good thing the group decided for a quick stop over in Jollibee Bacoor.

The next 10kms was tough. Running along Emilio Aguinaldo Highway made us deal with the pitch black darkness, uneven roads, and lights of speeding buses, trucks, jeeps, and cars.

When we reached Imus, Rafa suggested that we wait for the dawn and continue our run along Daang Hari towards our village. I obliged and knew that the distance would just be enough for me to cover my 43 to 45 km long run training plan for the day.


Allen going off road


Christian running the trails


Rafa also trying the trails


I'm really loving the trails since last week
(hmmmnnn... a trail race brewing soon?)



Break of dawn


At this point, I'm already feeling my pinky toes are developing blisters, and my right knee is starting to get sore. But I just got to complete my training plan.

What I love about this run is that Christian, Rafa and I were about to achieve something, that served as our motivation to continue the fight and finish. We stick it out and came out victorious.


Milestone # 1
Christian achieving his 1st 1000kms at Km 30



Milestone # 2
Rafa running his 1st unofficial Marathon Distance



Milestone # 3
I achieved my 2nd 1000kms at Km 43.9



Click here for the Garmin recap of our run (sorry, I was so happy I forgot to press 'stop' when I finished my run at km 43.9 hehehe).

8 comments:

Argonaut,  June 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

Grats dude... sayang I was not able to see your accomplishment.. Still,I am proud for you my friend....



...(sipsip para idelete mo na yung eating pic ko.. hehe)

The Scientist Runner June 14, 2010 at 4:52 AM  

Nice one! Maybe they can use this route one day for an official (ultra)marathon!

Anonymous,  June 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Hi Jet. Congratulations on all of the accomplishments. Great that you and some of takbo.ph got together for a long run. It makes things easier when all of you are out there. Again, take care and have a good week ahead. I see good things ahead for you.

lolo_earl June 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

nice papi jet...sama ka! bulalo lsd...haha

Bald Runner June 15, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

nice ultra run for everybody. congrats to everybody. i like your training attitude. good luck!

RPA June 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

pitch black na naman ang aguinaldo??? last time we run dyan, ang ayos ng lighting.

tapos na kasi ang eleksyon??? =(

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Great run, Fafih!

Runningshield June 16, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

your getting better all the time. great. your all set for milo !!!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP