Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swim Jet, SWIM!


Last December 2009, I decided to up my training ante a bit by undergoing XT (cross-training). The best XT exercises to complement my love for running are biking and swimming.

I realized that XT helped me build endurance. Other muscle groups (especially the upper body due to swimming) are developed and I can sense that my fitness level is improving.

I successfully logged 257.4 kms of biking. For swimming, on the other hand, I only achieved a measly 1.5 kms.

I am a very newbie swimmer. I know how to swim for survival and recreation, but I'm still kindergarten when it comes to competitive swimming.

My work schedule and proximity of residence to swimming pools also gave me a hard time to pursue swimming as part of my XT.

Good thing when my favorite training pool became available for night swim, I hurried and hit the water.

Best are the friends who are willing to share their knowledge.


Me, RJ, Tiff, Wilnar, and Raff


Slowly but surely, I know in time I too will swim competitively and gracefully.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 14, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

Good luck on your swimming, fafih!:-)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP