Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My May Weekend Long Runs

May 15, 2011 marked the first time I did a long run since my BDM 102k race last March (read here and here).

And to be honest, I was really scared that I might score another DNF (did not finish) in the Goldilocks Fun Run. Praise God I managed to run/walk my way to the finish, with Boring teammates Rod, Makoy, and Nonong.  I finished in 2:57:06, not bad for a comeback long run.


Last May 22, 2011, Team Boring ran in Greentennial and I managed to finish my 16k just 5 minutes late of my PR (personal record). Along the route, I met some friends whom I've never seen for a long time, and was surprised that they were also hit by the running bug.


It was tough to sleep early on a Friday night. Tougher to wake up early on a very cool Saturday morning. I reached our training grounds before launch time. Plan was for a 17km long run. Since I will run Greenfield 21km tomorrow, our coach allowed that I only cover 10k+ for today. Weather was perfect for a very long run. But I need to conserve, in order to cover the following day's distance challenge.


The weather was once again perfect for a long run.  I enjoyed the scenes and the clean air of Greenfield in Sta  Rosa, Laguna.  The road was relatively flat, and concrete!  Running a Runrio event ensures you that you will have enough hydration along the route, marshals to guide you, and excellent race organization.


In summary, I am very very happy to be back on the road again. I don't mind the times, I just want to burn the fat I gained during my off-season, and stay injury-free. As always, I will do it slowly but surely.

Ang lakas ng gravitational pull sa akin lately!
Can I blame it on climate change? hehehe
Photo courtesy of Gary/Greentennial Photogs

See you on the road!

4 comments:

daytripper1021 June 1, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Nice runs! Welcome back to road-racing! :)

Bro J June 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

nice one jet! see you on the road! God bless!

Cloudshocked / Atty. Cy June 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Nice Jet!

We may hang up our shoes for a while at times when life & other concerns get in the way, but we never really stop running talaga.

See you on the road! :)

ann June 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

hoy, jet! takbo tayo minsan nila jigger. =)
punta ka dito moa, hintay ka namin.

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP