Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Barefoot Running

Honestly, I am intrigued with so many runners advocating barefoot running.  I am awed by their guts to run WITHOUT any protection on their soles.  And I can't help but think how does it feel?  I'm guessing with my oversensitive soles that I'll be suffering from blisters a few kilometers after.

Last Saturday was an opportunity for me to experience running barefoot, thanks to the ever innovating Sir Jovie Narcise aka Bald Runner.  Familiar faces graced the late afternoon event at the Grandstand and Parade Ground of the Philippine Army in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

With my compadre, Doc Topher Montaos
Photo courtesy of Barefoot Running Philippines

It was such a bliss at the start, running through paved asphalt and concrete.  We were like kids who were careless playing without shoes or slippers.  But when we reached the outer part of the Grandstand, the uneven asphalt felt like running through rock salt or monggo (that's mung beans for my foreign friends).

The 3.2km of mixed fun and agony was finally over after 28:28 minutes.  Many suffered from blisters.  And as expected, I got small blisters on the balls of my feet.

My congratulations again to the Bald Runner!  Click here for official results.


2 comments:

pjong,  August 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

congrats sir see you next month...

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP