Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shifting Gears

What started as a health requirement has grown to become a passion. I’m taking my fitness goals to the next level. I’m now officially into running.

After building the endurance with the treadmill gym, I joined my first 5k run last March 22, 2009. Thanks to the encouragement of my friend, Rea Magsino, who influenced me so much to join the race. Thanks also to Rafa and Nicky, who ran with me. The experience made me hungry for more running.

I’m like a kid once again, trying to learn best from fellow runners who are also blogging about their experience. I’m also learning about the sport through running websites and books.

Running made me more passionate about life. It has taught me so far the following lessons: perseverance, patience, submission, audacity, appreciation, and reverence. Running is also an opportunity to listen to God.

A lot has changed since I followed a 16-week training schedule from Runners’ World. Sunday long runs make me sleep early during Saturday nights. I now run and work out in the morning. I eat a lot and losing weight (oh yes, the joy of running!). I’m gaining speed.

As of this writing, I joined the following:
03/22/2009: 5k Condura Run (Bonifacio Global City)
04/12/2009: 5k ROLP Fiesta Run (BF Phase 1 Paranaque)
04/18/2009: 10k Greenfield City Run (Sta. Rosa, Laguna)

Nicky, Rafa, Henry, and I are inviting you to join us in the future runs. Its almost every Sunday. Click here for the race calendar.

I’m so excited for the future runs I’ll be joining. My objective right now is to build mileage, and be prepared for my future half-marathon, marathon, and perhaps, an ultra-marathon. I got inspired by Mari Javier, a colleague from PLDT, who at age 37, started running officially last October 2008, and ran the 102k Bataan Ultra-Marathon this month.

Wish me luck! =)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP