Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Review: New Balance 1063

After my RUNNR FOOTWORX experience, I bought a pair of New Balance 1063. The product, according to Runner's World, has the best update in the neutral-cushioned category.

This product promises that "miles are no match for this shoe" as it was "built for runners seeking maximum cushioning and flexibility." See video below for more.



After 93 kilometers of easy, tempo, hills, and long runs, I find this shoe to be perfect for me. The ride was great and I no longer feel the slight pains in my knees and feet. The upper makes my feet cool and dry. I'ts toebox is roomy, very ideal for midfoot runners when landing and toe off. Reflectors are present in all sides of the shoe, a consideration when you're training at night time. It's N-Lock system "hugs" my feet.

Now, I have a very simple observation that affirms my decision in buying this pair. I remembered that I often get sprained even when I'm walking leisurely. And I also noticed in my leather shoes that I wear out the most the outer edge of the heels than any other part.

I have a tendency to supinate. Clearly, stability/motion control shoes are very wrong for me.

Photo: https://www.northcoastfootcare.com/footcare-info/foot-pictures-images-of-feet.html


Seeing the crash pad of the NB1063 somehow tells me that it'll take care of my supination problems.

So how much do I love the NB1063? I bought another pair, this time the red variant!

How I wish the blue variant is also available in our country.

NB1063 is available in RUNNR, Bldg. B3, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City, NCR.

8 comments:

argonaut August 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Nice Jet. So how much are these shoes? :)

Marvin August 22, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

waaahhh!!! must buy mine na! :) great review jet!

Anonymous,  August 22, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

jet - adik! :P

-cindz

Jet Paiso August 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

hi rodel, i think i told you na =)

hey doc, thanks! go to runnr =)

hi cindy, di naman masyado hehehe =)

carlo August 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

the very reason why i bought this shoe is because of the cushioning factor. indeed, it REALLY is meant for long-distance running.

when i had my gait analysis at runnr last july, julius told me that i have the tendency to pronate (but very mildly), so the perfect shoe for me would be stability. however, due to my weight, which brings further pressure to my foot, the best one for me would be cushioning. hence, the reason why i got two - one for practice runs and one for actual races.

congrats bro, adik ka na rin. =P nice review!

truman August 23, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

nice post, dude. :) enjoy your 2 pairs!

Gingerbreadman August 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

I like the review Jet, nice work on this. Coming from a fellow NB habitue (I use light stab 848's),I am not surprised that you are quite happy with yours :)

Jet Paiso August 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

hi carlo, for me, having 2 shoes of the same model will spare me from choosing which one to use at race day =) perhaps, the only factor will be the matching of the shoes with the singlet hahaha!

hi bryan, yep, i'm enjoying my 1063s very much =)

hi luis, thanks! i'm an nb convert hahaha =)

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP