Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Getting Ready for Condura Skyway Marathon 2012

Next week will be the start of my 16 week training program for Condura Skyway Marathon 2012.  Yep!  I will train for and race the Premier Running Event of the Philippines!


Image source: facebook.com/conduraskywaymarathon

The Condura Skyway Marathon event is very special for me.  I ran my first 5k in 2009, when it was still known as the Condura Run.  The 2010 edition was my 2nd marathon, and there I set my marathon personal record (PR) of 5:55:13.  Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 was part of my training run for my 102k ultra marathon quest.

I will do my best to make next year's edition very special for me.  I will discipline myself in all aspects of training: pace, distance, rest, cross-training, and diet.  I will hope for a marathon PR.

I find it very fascinating for the Concepcion brothers, Ton and Patrick, to involve all runners in developing the race.  The event's OFFICIAL Facebook Page, allows all followers to actively participate in the discussions, and provide inputs for every plan the organizers wish to undertake.  At times, I get to receive emails and text messages about the plans of the event, and I can freely express my opinion about almost anything about it.  And I value what they do.  They truly kept the Condura Skyway Marathon a "run by runners for runners."

And like Ton and Patrick, I will blog my Condura 2012 journey, to report my progress, and try to draw insights from you, my dear readers, to help me achieve my goal.

Wish me luck, and see you at the Skyway on February 5, 2012!

8 comments:

Kenkoy Runner October 16, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

see ya brahdah! :) my journey started this morning, 5K muna for build up from scratch eh :)

Anonymous,  October 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

Goodluck! Ugh, guess i'd better start too. Just a half for me naman. This time I wanna train and give Batman a day off. - bards

Jet Paiso October 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

hey timmy bro, that's great! same here, starting from scratch =)

Jet Paiso October 18, 2011 at 7:05 AM  

good luck too bards on your training!

ton concepcion October 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM  

thank you for your inputs - much appreciated! thank for supporting Condura and wishing you a personal best in 2012

Jet Paiso October 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

thanks mr. ton for dropping by. condura's definitely a race to look forward to. thanks again and see you feb 5, 2012.

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP