Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Running Goals Review

Let's see how I fared in my running goals for 2010 (and I just realized that I had two entries for Goal 3 hahaha):

Image source: www.block5design.com

1. Sub 30 5k
  • I first achieved this last April 4 in Resurrection of The Lord Parish's 5k race.  I finished in 28:45.
  • The following week, during the Mizuno Infinity Run, I raced another 5k and finished in 28:26.
  • Then the week after, at Solar TV's Earth Run, I raced again, and registered my Personal Best at 27:09.

2. Sub 60 10k
  • I joined a couple of 10k races, however, regret that I did't achieved this goal this year.
3. Sub 2:30 half marathon
  • I wasn't able to race a half marathon this year.  Most were treated as long runs.  Perhaps I'll race one in 2011.

4. Sub 5:30 marathon
  • My Condura Skyway Marathon 2010 finish of 5:55:13 made me feel good, that my 5:30 marathon goal for 2010 is achievable in the coming months. 
  • I regret that I pushed a little further, and aimed for a 5:00 marathon in Milo.  This made me suffer knee injuries.  Read here, here, and here.

5. Run a REAL international marathon
  • Let me rephrase this to: Run a marathon abroad
  • Career plans pulled this one off.  Perhaps 2011 is a good year to pursue this goal.

6. Stay injury-free for the whole year of 2010
  • I failed miserably in this department.
  • I'm now more cautious with my running form.
  • I now work on the gym to strengthen my quads and hamstrings to support my knees.
  • I'm also taking Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM to help repair my injury.

7. Recruit at least 10 individuals to discover the joys of running
  • I really am not sure how I fared on this goal.
  • If you think I inspired you to take up running this year, please let me know by placing a comment, thank you!

8. Be 10 to 15 lbs lighter
  • I also failed on this goal.
  • The closest I achieved was that I lose 3.6 lbs and 8.4% body fat.

9. Join at least one provincial race event
  • Thanks to the events of the Bald Runner and the Philippine Association of Ultrarunners, and I successfully achieved this goal.
  • There's Tanay 50k, P2P 70k, and T2N 50k

10. Run at least 1,500 kms for 2010
  • I'm 119.2 kms short of my goal, finishing only 1380.8 kms for 2010.
  • Total running time is 211:52:01 (equivalent to 8 days and 19 hours).

11. Join SWAC
  • I did last January.
  • And joined another aquathlon event last September.
  • Read here.

Overall, 2010 is a great running year for me.  For 2011, I will still have the same set of goals.  Hope I learn and achieve all this time.

Cheers to a great 2010!  And here's wishing you all the best for 2011!

5 comments:

katol December 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

cheers to you sir jet!

happy new year!

run happy!

Ling January 1, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

Not all goals can be achieved within a year, since there are road blocks like work and injuries!

Kudos to your achievements. And well, for the failures, bawi nalang this year!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous,  January 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Still a good year, Fafih! May 2011 be a banner year for you!:-)

Julius January 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

Pare, you're alive and well, and you're still running! Does it get any better than that? Here's to a blessed 2011 for you and your loved ones!

Jet Paiso January 2, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

cheer katol, see you on the road & happy new year!

thanks ling, will definitely do better this year. hope to meet you in cebu marathon 2011, happy new year!

fafih rene, i really hope so. thanks and happy new year!

julius, yep yep, agree! thanks and happy new year to you, bambam, and the rest of your loved ones!

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP